Take Back Your Summer Skin
We’re not quite ready to admit it, but summer is on its way out. And while you might still be enjoying a golden glow, the summer may also have left you with a bit more than you bargained for: dull, dry, or sun damaged skin. Our favorite parts about the season—sunny days, swimming in the pool, and blasting the AC—are also some of the harshest for your skin.
The Not-So-Great, The Bad, & The Ugly
Let’s first take a look at some of the most common skin issues that can develop during summertime—and then we’ll help you learn how to treat them.
The Dark Side of Great AC
Nothing feels better than sitting in front of the frigid air pumping out of your AC after a long, scorching hot day. But the drying effects may have you reconsidering your temperature settings. Air conditioning is great at zapping moisture out of your skin, leading to flaking, highlighted signs of aging, and a dull appearance.
Unprotected Sun Exposure
It’s no secret that you should never expose yourself to the sun for long periods of time without SPF. Skin cancer is the biggest risk of exposure to harmful UV rays, but the sun can take a toll on the appearance of your skin as well. Too much time in the sunshine can lead to:
- Uneven skin tone
- Age Spots
- Breakdown of collagen
- Intensifying signs of aging
Too Much Chlorine
You may not think twice about taking a dip in the pool on a hot day, but the chemicals used to keep the water clean and safe can wreak havoc on your skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are emphasized by dull or dehydrated skin, and pool water can lead to blemishes and breakouts for more sensitive skin types.
Now For Some Good News!
Luckily, what’s done can be undone, and you can again enjoy the look and feel of beautiful, healthy skin. At Cosmetic Surgery of Las Vegas, we recently expanded our menu of skin care services and treatments, giving you more options than ever for achieving and maintaining your best skin yet. Check out some of our favorites:
- HydraFacial® MD is a fully-customizable facial treatment system that addresses a wide variety of skin concerns, from signs of aging to acne and scars, and improves the overall health and appearance of your skin.
- Dermapen® is a microneedling device that harnesses the power of your body’s natural healing response to trigger increased collagen and elastin production, helping to even skin tone, reduce scarring, clear blemishes, and smooth away lines.
- Obagi Blue Peel is a TCA peel that safely removes the outer layers of your skin to reveal the healthy, glowing layers underneath—with little downtime and fast results.
- Medical-Grade Skin Care is a great way to maintain and enhance your results between treatments. We carry skin care products that have more active ingredients and are medically proven to produce effective and long-lasting results.
To get the most out of skin care treatments and products, consult with an experienced cosmetic surgeon or aesthetician working under physician supervision. Together, you can design a treatment plan that meets your goals and helps you feel beautiful and confident in your skin.