What’s Going On With the Las Vegas Pool Party Scene?
Contrary to what you may have thought, summer is one of the best times to be in Las Vegas for a number of reasons, the most important of which is to enjoy the city’s famous (or infamous!) Pool Party Scene. If you’re unfamiliar with Vegas Pool Parties, I promise these decadent summer celebrations are unlike any other party you’ve ever attended, and are a must-do for any 21-or-older visitor or resident. But with COVID-19 having impacted many casinos, concerts, and restaurants these past two years, can we still expect a high-energy Vegas Pool Party Scene this summer?
What to expect this summer
The Las Vegas Pool Party Scene has long been known for its champagne showers, live DJ sets, and bikini contests, but 2020 and 2021 were way less lively than normal. Dayclubs were following COVID restrictions and operating more like lounges instead of clubs, requiring reservations & limiting attendance, leading to a more intimate experience. But with more people getting vaccinated and COVID restrictions lifting in Nevada, the Pool Party Scene is changing almost daily. Here’s what our research suggests you can expect this summer:
- Live music. While international headliners like David Guetta, Diplo, and Dillon Francis were replaced by lesser-known local DJs in March and April, they’re starting to find their way onto booking calendars for the remainder of the summer. Expect a mix of big and small-name artists to take the stages of Vegas dayclubs this summer.
- Drinks. The pandemic changed many aspects of dayclubs this past year and a half, but alcohol never ceased to be a mainstay. From organic cocktails at Elia Beach Club to mojitos at Aria’s Liquid, there’s not likely to be any shortage of mixed drinks, liquor slushies, and champagne at this summer’s Pool Parties.
- Contests. Bikini contests—a Vegas Pool Party fave among both contestants and audiences—were a thing of the past in 2020; but now that masks and social distancing have been lifted for vaccinated individuals, expect them to return with renewed vigor.
- Games. Whether you want to relive your college days with cornhole and beer pong at The Linq’s Influence or try your hand at swim-up blackjack at Wynn Encore’s Encore Beach Club, games are returning to most Vegas dayclubs this summer.
- Food. While food is typically not most dayclub-goers’ top priority, the slower pace of the start of this summer placed a greater emphasis on food, which will likely persist through the 2022 Pool Party Season. We like Marquee at the Cosmopolitan for their indulgent seafood platters, and Venus at Ceasar’s Palace because you can place a mobile order from the Caesar’s Palace Food Court.
- COVID restrictions. Restrictions are being updated quicker than we can blog about. The CDC’s new guidelines allow vaccinated people in Nevada to go unmasked, but to be safe, check each pool’s website or call ahead to ask about current restrictions. Many dayclubs are once again operating on a first-come, first-served basis, while some are still requiring reservations; either way, most pools are still limiting their occupancy. You can also expect some clubs to have their cabanas and/or bungalows reserved solely for their hotel guests, and jacuzzis may not be open (but let’s face it, it’s Vegas in the summer).
Celebrate Pride Month, Vegas-style
No one shows their LGBTQ+ pride quite like Vegas. And while the city’s biggest pride fest, Las Vegas PRIDE, has been moved to October this year, there’s no shortage of clubs offering up their own Pride Month celebrations this June. Here are two we’re most excited about:
- Temptation Sundays at Luxor Hotel and Casino. Temptation Sundays is Vegas’ most popular LGBTQ+ Pool Party. Hosted by popular personality J.Son of VegasGayPoolParty.com, Temptation offers an endless variety of themed parties with weekly drink specials, surprise celebrity guests, and live DJs. Luxor is celebrating its 11th anniversary of Temptation Sundays this year, and promises a host of surprises.
- RuPaul’s Drag Brunch at Treasure Island. You won’t want to miss Sin City’s hottest drag show, hosted by the queen of drag herself—RuPaul! Kick back with a mimosa (or two) and enjoy performances by the stars of the hit TV show, RuPaul’s Drag Race, every Thursday through Sunday this June.
Our favorite Las Vegas Pool Parties
Each Vegas Pool Party has its own unique theme and amenities. Here are a few of our favorite spots:
- Encore Beach Club at Wynn Encore. Encore Beach Club, or EBC as it’s commonly called, is all about luxury. This Pool Party is known for its attractive guests and internationally renowned EDM artists. Though cabanas and bottle service can be on the pricier side compared to other dayclubs, EBC’s setting and vibe are well worth it.
- Wet Republic at the MGM Grand. By far the most popular Pool Party in Vegas, Wet Republic just completed a multi-million dollar renovation in 2019, including a new sound system, video screens, cabanas, and bungalows with private plunge pools. The venue returns this summer with big-name artists like Flo Rida and Steve Aoki, plus the high-quality service, food, and drinks they’re known for—all located at the Strip’s two largest saltwater pools.
How to prepare for the Las Vegas Pool Party Season
From what to wear to how to look great by the pool, we’ve written a number of blog posts over the years to help you make the most of the Las Vegas Pool Party Season:
- How to pick a swimsuit. Though it was published nearly 6 years ago, our 2015 Swimsuit Guide consistently ranks as one of our top posts. Loaded with graphics to help you visualize each swimsuit, this blog can help you find the perfect bathing garment to accentuate your breasts & feel confident.
- Tips for working the Vegas dayclub scene. In this post, we share the insider scoop on how to work the Vegas dayclub scene, courtesy of some of my industry patients. Whether you’re looking to relocate or are a longtime local looking for a change of pace, putting yourself out there is a huge part of getting noticed by recruiters.
- How to look great all Pool Season-long. We all love the Las Vegas Pool Season, but if you’re a dayclub veteran, you know the sun, salt, and chlorine can quickly take a toll on your hair and skin. Maintain your looks all Pool Season-long with these helpful tips.
Whether you want to look great in time for Pool Party Season or prepare for dayclub modeling, I offer a full selection of surgical and nonsurgical treatments to help you improve your appearance and confidence. Contact my office online or call (702) 363-0240 to schedule your personal consultation today.