Sights & Sounds of Vegas: Arts, Food, & Fun You Don’t Wanna Miss!
It’s no secret that Las Vegas is one of the most highly-visited destinations in the world: each year, an average of 40 million visitors come to town for business, pleasure, and medical tourism. Whether you’re visiting Las Vegas for fun or for a cosmetic procedure, there’s plenty to keep you and your companions entertained, engaged, and full! Here are some of our favorite options.
For the Avid Outdoorsman (or Woman!)
A number of gorgeous natural attractions can be easily accessed from Vegas. Just a short car ride away from the hustle and bustle of the city, there are stunning vistas and awe-inspiring sights just waiting for you.
- Red Rock Canyon. Just 30 minutes away, this gorgeous part of the desert offers visitors the opportunity to hike, explore, and drive the 13-mile scenic loop to see rare wildlife and take stunning photographs.
- Valley of Fire. Nevada’s oldest and largest state park, just an hour from Vegas. You’ll find breathtaking desert views and Native American petroglyphs over 3,000 years old.
- The Grand Canyon. While a bit further from the city, no Las Vegas trip list would be complete without adding this attraction. The Grand Canyon is considered one of The Seven Wonders of the World and is well worth the five hour drive if your time in Vegas allows.
Shop the Strip
Vegas offers everything from vintage-chic to world-class luxury boutiques for the fashionista in you. Both on and off the strip, you don’t have to look far to find that perfect outfit or accessory to compliment your body and your budget! If you are in town for a cosmetic procedure, what better way to show off your new look and take a little bit of Vegas with you?
- The Attic. A downtown Vegas favorite since 1989, this vintage boutique won’t fail to wow you if you’re looking for that one-of-a-kind find.
- Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian/Palazzo. Connecting these two luxury hotels, you can find premier brands such as Christian Louboutin, Burberry, and Michael Kors. If your feet are tired, hop aboard a gondola for a romantic ride, or relax in the garden.
- The Forum Shops at Caesar’s Palace. With a great mix of popular favorites—such as Guess, Gap, and Express, as well as high-end luxury stores like Versace and Louis Vuitton—the Forum has a little something for everyone.
See The Sights
If you’re traveling for a cosmetic procedure and you can’t join your friends for more action-packed adventures, don’t worry—there are plenty of attractions to keep your interest sparked. With a deluge of top-notch entertainment at your disposal, you can soak up the sights of the city at your leisure. Don’t miss these Las Vegas treasures during your stay:
- The Dancing Fountain Show—The Bellagio
- The Erupting Volcano—The Mirage
- Animated Statues—Caesar’s Palace
- Shark Reef—Mandalay Bay Aquarium
- Countless Musical, Dance, and Theater Performances—pick your flavor!
Enjoy Culinary Delights
For the foodies out there, Vegas has a delectable assortment of palate teasers. Offering the very best-of-the-best in virtually all genres of food, you’ll surely find something to suit you. We’ve narrowed it down to a few of our all time favorites:
- BLT Burger at The Mirage. After you’ve watched the erupting volcano, head over to this local hotspot and treat yourself to famous chef Laurent Tourondel’s take on the All-American classic cheeseburger.
- Wicked Spoon at the Cosmopolitan. Our list wouldn’t be complete without the inclusion of an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet, and this one is a favorite. Offering guests many made-to-order options, tapas-style servings in kitschy containers, and elegant desserts, Wicked Spoon is sure to please even the most finicky eaters.
- SW Steakhouse at The Wynn. A classic Vegas Steakhouse, SW is the single official distributor recognized by Japan’s Kobe Beef Council in the US. For those with discerning tastes when it comes to beef, this is the place.
- Take-out to Eat In. Even if you’re stuck in your hotel room recovering, Las Vegas is the place to be. With many dining options available 24/7, you can get the best delivered right to your door. GrubHub is a great place to start for a wide variety of delivery options.
No matter what your reason for visiting Las Vegas—business, pleasure, or cosmetic surgery—there’s plenty to keep you and your travel companions busy and entertained throughout your stay!