The cost of liposuction in the Las Vegas area depends on many factors.
(1) Technique: The technique being used plays a role. Are you having tumescent liposuction, ultrasonic liposuction (VASER), laser liposuction (Smart Lipo, Cool Lipo)? Ultrasonic and laser liposuction is typically more expensive due to the expensive equipment needed.
(2) Anesthesia: If your doctor uses general anesthesia and puts you to sleep for the surgery, costs will be higher. On the other hand, if are awake and have “twilight” sedation it will likely be less. Both forms are commonly used and accepted.
(3) The number of areas being treated. Typically, the more body areas being treated (e.g. inner thighs, waist, hips, etc.) the lower the cost per area. Usually the first area is the most expensive because it encompasses the cost of anesthesia and surgery center.
(4) The amount of fat removed. If you have just a little bit of unwanted fat, the cost is less than it would be for a large amount of fat removed. This usually correlates with the time needed to treat the desired areas.
(5) Your surgeon. Some surgeons are more in demand than others while others may have specials.
Overall, call around and schedule some consultations. Look at the doctor’s before and after pictures and see if you like the results. Make sure you were happy and comfortable at your consultation and before you know it, you will have chosen where you want to go!
See Dr. Pancholi’s Liposuction before and after photos at Cosmetic Surgery of Las Vegas